- Obtained a Degree of Law from Government Law College, Mumbai and joined the Bar in June 1980.
- Practiced in Bombay High Court and was Assistant Government Pleader and Assistant Prosecutor in the High Court at Mumbai during 1986-91. Appointed on the panel of Senior Counsel in the Bombay High Court by the Government of India in 1996.
He was also appointed as a Special Counsel in the High Court by the Government of Maharashtra in 1998. He represented the Government of India and the Government of Maharashtra as Special Counsel in several important cases. He also represented Maharashtra State Farming Corporation, Maharashtra State Finance Corporation, Maharashtra State Marketing Federation, Maharashtra State Cotton Grower Federation in the Bombay High Court. He was also Standing Counsel for number of educational institutions, sugar factories, District Central Co-operative Banks, Municipal Corporations, Municipal Councils, various Co-operative Societies and Trusts.
- During his practicing days, he enjoyed three consecutive terms of five (5) years each as an elected member of the Bar Council of Maharashtra and Goa since 1985 till his elevation as High Court Judge. During this period, he was elected as Vice-Chairman in 1987-88 and Chairman in 1993-94 of the State Bar Council. In April 1998 he was elected as a member of the Bar Council of India, representing the State of Maharashtra and Goa and became its Vice-Chairman in April 2000, for a period of two years. He was also President of one of the most prestigious and old Bar Associations of Bombay High Court, namely, ?Advocates Association of Western India? for a period of two years (1997-1998 and 1998-1999). He was member of the Legal Education Committee for 3 years (1998-2000) constituted under the Advocates Act. He was also member of the General Council, National Law School, Bangalore since 1998 for about 12 years. He was a Trustee of one of the oldest Law Libraries in the Bombay High Court, namely ?Kirtikar Law Library? between 1992-2001. He has been an elected member of the Governing Council from Judges Constituency of Indian Law Institute, New Delhi since 2006. He had the honour to be a member of the delegation representing Lawyers in India in the Common-Wealth Lawyers Conference held in September-1999 at Kaulalampur, Malaysia. He was also entrusted with the responsibility of attending the Bar Leaders Conference organized by the International Bar Association held on 15th and 16th September, 2000, representing the Lawyers in India. He also led the delegation of Indian Lawyers to the International Lawyers Conference of I.B.A in 2000.
- He comes from a family of Freedom Fighters. His parents and maternal grandparents were freedom fighters. His father Barrister Babasaheb Bhosale was Chief Minister of the State of Maharashtra. His uncle Prof.Shivajirao Bhosale was Vice-Chancellor of Marathwada University, Maharashtra. His all family members are settled in Mumbai. He was married to Smt. Arundhati on 26th April, 1982 and blessed with son-Karan and daughter-Neha. Both are married and settled in Mumbai.
- Elevated as a Judge of Bombay High Court on Jan 22, 2001. Transferred to Karnataka High Court on Jan 06, 2012 and then to High Court of Judicature at Hyderabad vide notification dated Dec 01, 2014. Assumed the charge as a Senior-most Judge on Dec 08, 2014
- Nominated as the Executive Chairman of the Andhra Pradesh State Legal Services Authority, Hyderabad w.e.f. forenoon of Jan 02, 2015.
- Appointed to perform the duties of the office of the Chief Justice of High Court of Judicature at Hyderabad w.e.f. May 07, 2015 FN.
- Took oath as Chief Justice of High Court of Judicature at Allahabad on Jul 30, 2016.