- Graduated in Arts in the year 1978 from Allahabad University and Law from University of Allahabad.
- Enrolled as an advocate Dec 09, 1981.
- Practised in Civil Law, Constitutional, Taxation, Labour, Testamentary and Corporate Affairs matters at Allahabad High Court.
- Elevated as Additional Judge on Jan 07, 2004. Took oath as Permanent Judge on Aug 18, 2005.
- Transferred to Uttarakhand High Court on Sep 25, 2009. Appointed as Acting Chief Justice of Uttarakhand High Court from Sep 25, 2009 to Nov 29, 2009.
- Transferred back to Allahabad High Court and took oath on Oct 17, 2012.
- Transferred to Meghalaya High Court on Feb 12, 2018 and took oath as Chief Justice of Meghalaya High Court.